11 Scriptures to Calm an Anxious Mind
As I sit here watching a movie with my best friend, I can’t help but still continuously feel anxious. I want to feel hope, I want to feel calm. And what better way than to calm my mind and heart than bible verses. Below are 11 bible verses to calm an anxious mind.
11 Verses for an Anxious Mind
- “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.” -Psalm 29:11
- “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” John 14:27
- “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17
- “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep; for thou, Lord, only maskest me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
- “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14
- “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- “Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
- “Give all your worries to God, for he cares about you.” 1 Peter 5:7
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.” Psalm28:7
- “May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times and at every way.” 2 Thessalonians 3:16
While our anxiety may come from a variety of things, including these uncertain times; we must remember what calm us…the Word of God.